Make it easy for your faculty members to access all relevant tutorial info...
The purpose of this toolkit is to provide easy access to our knowledge base articles to inform and educate faculty members who use Via TRM for student advising and application management.
Two notes while using this toolkit:
- In the below sections, the term Travelers to refer to the students in your Via TRM account. (NOTE: In your account, your administrator maybe have customized the word Travelers)
- Depending on your home institution, you may or may not have adequate permissions to complete these workflows in Via TRM. If you believe you should have permission to perform a certain task, reach out to your organization's Super User/s for assistance.
Sign In/Sign Out
- Create an account after receiving an invitation
- Sign In through Single Sign On after an account has been created for you
- Sign In through Non-Single Sign On after an account has been created for you
- For Non-Single Sign On users, here's how to reset your password
- For Single Sign On users, you will need to reach out to your IT team if you're experiencing difficulty with your University login and/or password
Traveler Sign In
Click here to read all about the Traveler sign in and sign up process, including video walk-throughs.
Program Brochures are the way your university communicates information and promotes a program. Program Brochures are also the travelers 'link' to starting an application.
Anyone can view Programs - even without an account - by using the Visitor Program Dashboard and the Visitor Program Brochure pages.
This article explains how to access a Traveler’s profile, the location where all data (messages, notes, programs, applications, forms, events, traveler information, & program preferences) related to that Traveler can be found.
You can communicate with Travelers in Via using the message center. Messages can be sent to Travelers from their Traveler Profile or from most of the dashboards.
Traveler Applications and Forms
- Review a Traveler Application - This video explains how to review content on a traveler application:
- Update Traveler Application Status
- Transfer an application from one program/term to another
- Review a Traveler Form - This video explains how to review content on a traveler form:
- Update Traveler Form Status
- Search for specific Traveler Applications by using the search bar, filtering and/or sorting - This video explains how to use the filters and search bar on the application dashboard:
- Search for specific Traveler Forms by using the search bar, filtering and/or sorting - This video explains how to use the filters and search bar on the form dashboard.
- Generate a Report on Application Data
- Generate a Report on Form Data
Add Forms to Travelers
Admins with permission can add general forms to Travelers. This can be helpful if there is specific information you need from a select few Travelers on your program or if you want Travelers to receive this form outside of a standard workflow. If you want all Travelers to receive forms when their application status changes to either Committed, Approved, Conditionally Approved or Nominated, you will either add the general form to the desired term in batch or one at a time in Program Settings.
As an Administrator in Via, you may have permission to create events, invite Travelers to events and/or manage events. If you do, check out the workflows below for detailed information on how to manage events and event participants.
- Create an Event
- Invite Participants to an Event
- Manage Event from the Event Dashboard
- Export Report Data