Admins with permission can transfer a traveler application from one program term to another.
An admin can transfer an application to any program term with an Application Template and a start date in the future.
When transferring an application, the original application will change to a 'Transferred' status and the new application will display the same application status that the original application had been in. For example, if an admin transfers an Incomplete application from 'Program in Spain: Fall 2024' to 'Program in France: Spring 2025,' the new application (for 'Program in France: Spring 2025') will be in the Incomplete status, while the original application (for 'Program in Spain: Fall 2024') will appear in the Transferred status.
An application in the 'Transferred' status does not continue to retrieve synced data.
If an application is transferred from Application Template A to Application Template A, all data from the first application will transfer to the second application.
If, however, an application is transferred from Application Template A to Application Template B, no data will transfer to the second application.
To transfer an application…
- Click Applications in the main navigation menu
- Search or filter for the desired application
- Click the Application Template Name of the desired application
- Click Actions in the Admin Review Panel on the right
- Select Transfer Application
- IF the Traveler has Alternates - select one of the Traveler's alternates or click Other to select from the rest of your program portfolio
- If the Traveler does NOT have Alternates - select the desired Program Name and then Program Term
- Click Transfer
- If desired, click to view the Transferred Application
Given a Traveler already has an existing application to a future program term, Via will NOT show that program term as an option when attempting to transfer an application. (i.e., if a Traveler already has an application to Program in Egypt for Fall 2026 Sep 3, 2026 - Dec 12, 2026, an admin WILL NOT be able to select that program as an option when trying to transfer the (original) application to the new program and term.