SafeCheck is Via Travel’s SMS check-in service that allows admins and group leaders to send SMS text messages to travelers at any time. In order for a SafeCheck message to be sent to a traveler, the traveler must first enroll in SafeCheck; if a traveler does not enroll in SafeCheck, they cannot be sent a SafeCheck message. When enrolling in SafeCheck, Via verifies that the phone number is a valid mobile phone number.
With SafeCheck, admins and group leaders can do the following:
- Choose from a variety of categories & questions
- Opt to send SafeCheck content as email
- Opt to add a LocationCheck request
Message categories & questions
There are 5 SafeCheck message categories and a variety of questions:
- Are you safe and well? Please confirm. If you need help, select ‘no’ and someone will contact you as soon as possible.
- Did you arrive safely and check into your housing?
- Did you arrive safely at your program site?
- We haven’t heard from you yet! Are you safe and well?
- We’ve identified an urgent situation that may impact your travel. Are you safe and well?
- We’ve identified an urgent situation that may impact your travel. Did you receive the full update in your email?
- This is a support & wellness check. Are you ok?
- This is a support & wellness check. Are you ok? If you want someone to reach out, click No.
- This is a support & wellness check. Are you safe and well?
- Important changes were made to your group itinerary. Do you understand these changes?
- Important changes were made to your group travel plan. Do you understand these changes?
- We’d like your feedback! Has our team met your expectations for support for your program?
- We’d like your feedback! Has our team met your expectations for support for your travel plans?
- We’d like your feedback! Would you recommend this program to your friends?
- We’d like your feedback! Would you recommend this travel experience to your friends?
Questions are designed so that Yes is always a 'positive' response and No is always 'negative' making it easy for admins to scan dashboards to see who needs help or a reply.
SafeCheck content as email
SafeCheck is an SMS text message service, however, we like options! An admin can opt to also send the SafeCheck message as an email and the traveler will be sent both an SMS text message as well as an email. Travelers can reply to either message.
LocationCheck is Via Travel’s geolocation functionality. Admins can request LocationCheck when sending a SafeCheck message to prompt travelers to provide their exact location.
If an admin includes a LocationCheck request in their SafeCheck message, travelers will be asked, but are not required, to provide their current location with their SafeCheck response. By providing their current location, admins will see a location snapshot of the traveler at the time of the response.
After being sent a SafeCheck message, the traveler can do the following:
- Confirm their answer as yes or no
- Add additional information
- Search for their current location to provide admins with a one-time location snapshot (Given a LocationCheck request was sent)
Once a traveler responds to the message, admins can access all SafeCheck and LocationCheck information in the following locations:
- SafeCheck view
- Specific SafeCheck message view