Suitcases can be edited at any time. However, any change made will impact all traveler applications and forms associated with that suitcase.
- If updating Application deadline in a suitcase
- all Traveler Applications will display the updated deadline
- all Travelers with an incomplete application to a future term will have the ability to submit it
- If updating Form deadline in a suitcase
- all Traveler Forms will display the updated deadline
- all Travelers with a Not started or Started status on their form will have the ability to edit and submit it, regardless of term timing
- If adding a Form Template to a suitcase
- it will be added to all Traveler profiles that previously had access to forms for that program term
- those Travelers, regardless if they are past & current, will be notified that they have a new form to fill out
- If removing a Form Template from a suitcase
- it will be removed from all Traveler profiles that previously had access to that form associated with that program term
- all associated data will be deleted, not accessible, or reportable
- If adding Program Alternates to a suitcase
- all travelers with an incomplete application to a future term will have the ability to add alternates
- If removing Program Alternates from a suitcase
- all alternate data previously submitted on applications will remain accessible and reportable
To edit a Suitcase…
- Click the photo icon in the upper right corner in the main navigation menu
- Click Settings
- Click the Authorized Programs tab
- Click the settings wheel icon to the right of the desired suitcase
- Make desired edits
- Click Edit Suitcase
- Read the prompt
- Click Edit Suitcase
Q: Do I have to assign a suitcase to all future authorized program terms?
A: Nope! Admins can choose which authorized program terms they’d like to assign suitcases to; if an authorized program term does not have a suitcase assigned to it, travelers will see Learn More for that term and be unable to start or submit an application
Q: Why do travelers see Learn More in the side bar on a Program Brochure, rather than Apply on an authorized program brochure?
A: It could be attributed to any of the following:
- There are no future terms – if so, we’d recommend contacting the third-party provider to request that they add future terms!
- There is a future term, however, there is no suitcase assigned to it – if so, we’d recommend assigning one - if you want students to apply to that term
- There is a suitcase associated with the future term, however the application deadline is in the past - if so, and you'd like travelers to continue to start and submit applications for the term, we'd recommend editing the suitcase and changing the application deadline to a future date
Q: Can I add future terms to or edit content on authorized programs?
A: No – if the program has been authorized into your organization’s Via Global account, neither future terms can be added nor content be edited by the home campus. Reach out to the provider to request that they add future terms
Q: Who, from the home campus, receives authorized program application-related mailers from Via?
A: All default message recipients receive mailers related to authorized programs; if there is no default message recipient selected, all account super users will receive the mailers
Q: If a Traveler starts an application to an authorized program in Via, is that considered applying to BOTH the home campus and provider?
A: No, Travelers applying to an authorized program must, in addition to applying to their home campus, apply directly to provider outside of their home campus’ Via Global account and fulfill all provider requirements